Saturday, June 26, 2010

Reflection on Layang Layang Museum

The kite museum fascinates me the most. I never got to see such big n authentic kites in my life. The kites each has their own unique designs and the way they are shaped.The designs are all so magnificent and carefully made. There are many types of kites there. My favourite kite there is the Wau Jala Budi as it shaped like a butterfly! When the tour guide said the word 'Wau' i heard it as 'wow'. I was curious 'wow'? Whats that? Then i realise the word 'Wau' means kite in Dutch.

I never knew kites have a history too! It was said that during that time the kites were used for competition to see whose kite can stay in the air for the longest time and the more the kite is perpendicular to the ground the more points earned. However now kites are used as leisure activities!!

JIA ZHI ~!(20)

No comments:

Post a Comment